Bleepin' Beepers

There I was, poised precariously at the edge of the roadside (which has no footpath) close to Adare village, a beautiful spot, in County Limerick, Ireland with the 70 - 200mm Canon L zoom, on a monopod and pointed at the newly restored Desmond Castle.

A few cars passed me. I took a few shots. A few more cars passed behind me. I bracketed my exposures and took a few more shots.

Something was missing. This didn't feel right. I bent down to look through the viewfinder again, just as another car drew level with my back(side) and...

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

there it was, right on cue, the "oh, look there's someone taking a photograph, won't it be good if we beep the car horn to make them jump and miss the shot" joke. Bleeping hilarious.

The really funny thing is: It's never going to make me jump, as I start to expect the beep if more than 5 cars pass me without beeping. And, of course, it's a digital camera, so nothing is ever wasted (only deleted) - if they only knew how many shots I "waste" when I'm NOT being beeped, they'd probably not raise their horn hand at all!

I wonder if it's just Irish drivers that find this a really funny joke? Let me know how many beepers you've met - and where!

Comments

What Can I do for you?

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts