Interview Fatigue - Blight of the Famous

I sent a long, detailed, carefully crafted and pathetically sycophantic email to a famous British photographer, asking if he would be interviewed about street photography for my blog and a possible magazine article and got this reply:

Dear Stephen
Apologies for slow response. I am suffering from interview fatigue and will therefore decline this invitation. Martin

It came shortly after I had watched a video of John Cleese describing Sarah Palin as being funnier than Michael Palin, and I was reminded of the Monty Python sketch, with Four Yorkshiremen out-doing each other about their poor upbringings....

Third Yorkshireman: "eh, you were lucky to have a room! We used to have to live in t'corridor!"

First Yorkshireman: "Oh, we used dream of living in a corridor - it would have been like a palace to us! We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woke up ever morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us. House? Huh!"

Well, I still dream of getting "Interview fatigue". It would be like "arriving" and gaining success, to me.

And, surely there must be worse things than being successful, to suffer from?

Comments

What Can I do for you?

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts