First Studio Shoot





Well, it's been a while. And a lot has happened in the month or so since I last posted. For example, the day after I last posted here, I sent my favourite lens (Canon 24-105mm L zoom) to a Dublin-based "agency" for Canon Cameras, so that they could forward it to Canon in the UK, for calibration. I was told - no, I was assured - that it would be away from me for not more than 10 days. Well, I'm still waiting for it to come back, nearly 1 month later! I am also assured that I will have on Friday. I'll believe that when I see it.

Just to show what can be done in less than a month, I have made huge changes to the empty space that I leased a few days after I sent my camera for calibration. I have had a reception area built. I have had a toilet built. I have had a kitchen area built with wash basin, cupboard space sink and appliances (well, sockets for a kettle and microwave). I have created a teaching area complete with carpet, LCD projector, screen and chairs. I have created a "people shooting" area, with wall mounted backgrounds, lights, reflectors, fans and wireless and tethered shooting to a laptop. I have had a letterbox cut into the door and ordered a sign for the wall outside. I have taught my first class in the teaching area. And, today, I took my first shots in the shooting area.

Without the wide zoom, I can't, yet, take any photos of the inside of the studio. But, I have some shots taken in it, on a Canon 70-200mm zoom, of model Diana Storozuk, this afternoon (above).

I still need to build the "product shooting area" and the reception area needs a desk, a carpet and pictures on the wall. I also need some customers. But they will come, with time.

He said, hopefully!

Comments

What Can I do for you?

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts